Chapter Unveils New Website, Newsletters and Social Media
In April the chapter unveiled its new website at SNCAGO.org (and SNCAGO.com). The site is modeled like a news magazine and features a great deal of new and expanded content, an increased use of visuals and a host of new capabilities.
The new site makes use of new technologies and abilities to help us expand our audience and engagement and to move us forward in the digital age, but we didn’t want to let go of our past. The site documents a great deal of the chapter’s history and we will continue to record and document our activities.
Please spend some time with the new website and come back often. It will constantly change, add new content and photos. We’ll do our best to keep it timely and updated.
We want your input. The site is a service for our members. If you would like added features, have a submission, correction or just to express your point of view, please reach out via email. (Send to email@example.com)
FEATURES OF THE NEW SITE:
• Online payments: A safe, convenient donation portal for sponsors, patrons and for giving to the chapter’s scholarship fund. Payments of any size can be set up as a one time gift or as budget friendly monthly donations. (Please give generously! We can’t produce great events without your support.)
• Chapter History Blog: a look back at some of the interesting events, members and stories of the SNC:AGO and of the organs in Las Vegas (If you have something to submit to the blog, we’d love it. Please send images, ideas, scans of clippings, programs to: firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Fine Arts Calendar: as one of the oldest fine arts organization in Las Vegas, we are pleased to provide a calendar of a number of cultural offerings around the valley
• Promotion of our upcoming concerts with recitalist profiles that include photos, bios and performance videos.
• Community Concerts: concerts and events presented by our members and their churches and organizations. (List your events. Follow the link on https://sncago.org/communityconcerts)
• Local Pipe organs with histories and stop lists
• Desert Wind: we continue to offer current and all past issues of the Desert Wind newsletter. New items are also shared on the website.
• Job Opportunities
• Available organ substitutes for churches and organists available for weddings, funerals and event
• Member links: An easy connection to start or renew your AGO membership
• Church Organ Directory: Digital and pipe organs with specs, stop lists and histories
• A convenient way to sign up for our concert newsletter
• Chapter Recital & Concerts: We’ve documented our 50 year history of events with recitalist profiles, program information and news clippings. (If you have information about a recital or concert that we don’t have documented, please send us a program or other information Email: email@example.com)
• Sponsor & Patron recruitment and recognition (again, please give generously!)
• Self promotion & marketing: As we work to increase our exposure in Las Vegas, the site is a great tool to communicate and explain our aims, vision and mission
• Links: The site lists and describes a multitude of interesting organ related websites: products, builders, music & entertainment
• Member Directory with contact information (locked page for members in good standing only)
• Chapter Calendar
• Chapter Announcements & Information
• Members only promotion and marketing of your recitals and events: online, social media (Facebook and Instagram) and newsletter. Submit your event information via email or form found on the site. firstname.lastname@example.org
• Free job postings for your organization
• Placement on Substitute and Available Organist lists available to members in good standing
• Submissions (Send to email@example.com)